Use controls to navigate; click image to enlarge
Picnic Shelter Restoration
Front Park, Buffalo, NY
This building was originally constructed in 1898 as a fully enclosed shelter house, and was then remodelled in 1953 as an open picnic shelter. The original red Spanish tile roof was retained in the 1953 renovation, but replaced in the 1960s when it had reached the end of its service life. The restoration of this facility was completed early in 2013. The highlight of the project is the restoration of the clay tile roof.